I love a good chocolate shake!! I can see my Dad nodding in agreement to that.
Note to Cameron: You’ll have to whip this up for you and Dad with the Magic Bullet! Love you!
I was a little worried I already had a recipe with the name triple chocolate, but it turns out I’m good.
My other EPIC and very popular chocolate smoothie recipe is called Chocolate Shake for Dinner.
This is not as big, but it is just as tasty, nutritious, and food-gasmic.
These tres amigos add TONS of fiber, protein, vitamins, and minerals to your morning smoothie. The balance of fiber, protein, and fat helps our bodies absorb and assimilate all of those vitamins and minerals.
💪15 grams Fiber • 17 grams Protein • 37% Iron • 30% Calcium 💪
When I eat healthy-focused food it is definitely for the health, but also for the flavor. The only thing I gag down for health’s sake is a potent shot of green powder mixed with juice. By this point I actually kind of like those too.
Today’s triple chocolate smoothie is satisfyingly thick and will still go through your standard glass or plastic straw.
The frozen strawberries add a subtle sweet berry flavor and chill the temperature making it very refreshing.
Triple Chocolate Smoothie
Additional nutritional information // fiber: 15g • protein: 17g • vitamin a: 15% • vitamin c: 170% • calcium: 30% • iron: 37% • zinc: 10% • Potassium: 32% • Magnesium: 35% • vitamin D: 25% • vitamin e: 54% • folate: 17% • vitamin b6: 28%
- 1 medium, ripe banana
- 8 frozen strawberries (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chocolate pb2
- 2 tablespoon cocoa or cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons Manitoba chocolate hemp protein powder
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1-1 1/2 cups almond milk or water
- Add ingredients to a tall personal blender cup and blend until smooth.
- Fiber helps maintain a healthy weight, reduces your risk for developing diverticular colon pockets, and helps control blood sugar levels [source]
- The amino acids in protein help build healthy bones, muscles, cartilage, skin, and blood
- Iron, an essential mineral, helps deliver oxygen to our body’s cells and maintain and strengthen healthy skin, hair, and nails [source]
- The mineral zinc has been shown to help digestive health, hair growth, and prevent and reduce acne [source]
I would love to see your food pics! If you give this recipe a whirl, let us know. <3 Leave a comment below and don’t forget to tag a picture with #feedyourskull on Instagram so I can say hi and repost! xx