Another win for the Instant Pot, my favorite pressure cooker of all time!
Today its valiant effort takes shape as breakfast sustenance. Oatmeal to be exact.
It’s a simple recipe with hearty results and perfect if you are looking to save time in the morning and even several mornings—so it’s meal-prep friendly too!
Oats and water and it’s ready to go. This recipe makes 4 servings of oatmeal that you can portion into containers for the next several days.
You can even freeze it if needed!
Add in your favorite nuts, seeds, fruit, and even greens (oats can be savory too).
Get some ideas from this baked oatmeal meal-prep post and hump day won’t even seem like hump day.
I added homemade coconut milk right away. I like my oats a little softer in texture plus I think I had some extra coconut milk that didn’t fit in the bottle.
Instant Pot Recipe: Oatmeal [perfect for meal prep]
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3 1/2 cups water
- Add water and oats to Instant Pot, secure the lid, set nozzle to seal. Press the multi-grain button and adjust time down to 6 minutes.
It comes out perfectly cooked and smells amazing.
Up the oatmeal breakfast points
- Turn it into breakfast ‘cobbler’ by adding a cup or two of mixed berries, ripe bananas, fresh fruit, etc to the Instant Pot before cooking
- Sprinkle with hemp, sesame, or sunflower seeds
- Add ground chia flour and flax meal for good omegas, fiber, and protein
- Increase the water a bit and mix in your favorite protein powder (before or after cooking)
I hope this makes your mornings more marvelous! I’d love to see your food pics! If you give this recipe a whirl, let us know. <3 Leave a comment below and don’t forget to tag a picture with #feedyourskull on Instagram!