Meet the bean dip I’ve bean obsessed with lately! 😂
I was inspired to make a vegan version after watching Aspyn Ovard make something similar and talk about it several times in her vlogs [made here]. Thank you Aspyn for the inspiration and making it sound so good!
The jist is you take refried beans, cheese, cream cheese, and taco seasoning-mix it up and bake it for close to an hour.
What you get is warm dip-able goodness!
I veganized it using Go Veggie cream cheese, homemade taco seasoning (most store-bought ones have milk), and Chao cheese. And of course all vegans like to throw in extra piles of veggies, so I added corn. 🙂
And I made it at night so there wasn’t much left to photograph the next day. TBH I was surprised there was this much left.
It’s All Gone Bean Dip! [vegan]
- 1 - 30 oz can of vegetarian refried beans or 2 - 15.4 oz of Amy's refried beans
- 8 oz Go Veggie cream cheese (plain or chive)
- 3-4 tablespoons taco seasoning (make your own!)
- 1-2 tablespoons taco sauce or your favorite hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup frozen organic corn
- 1-2 cups dairy-free cheese, divided (I used 1/2 block of Chao original - shredded by hand)
- green onion and cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease an 8x8 baking dish.
- Mix refried beans, cream cheese, taco seasoning, taco sauce, lemon juice, organic corn, and half the cheese in a large mixing bowl until everything is a brown mass.
- Spread mixture into an 8x8 baking dish and top with remaining half of cheese. Cover with tinfoil and bake for 45 minutes, remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes. Let cool if you can and devour!
The texture is thick and creamy and the flavor is bold and delicious. It’s quick to whip together and was pretty much our main for dinner. #notsorry
Get those chips ready. Get those baby bok choy leaves ready. Get those cucumber slices ready. Those fritos. Those red pepper slices. They all make great dipping vessels for this bean dip!
Garnish with bright green onions and cilantro for a pop of color and flavor as you dip.
I’d love to see your food pics! If you give this recipe a whirl, let us know. <3 Leave a comment below and don’t forget to tag a picture with #feedyourskull on Instagram!
What extra veggies would you throw in?? xx
Do you think this could be made in a crockpot? I’d like to bring it, warmed, to a potluck that doesn’t have access to a microwave or oven.