This deliciously sweet strawberry syrup really is just two ingredients. Can you believe it?
You might if you fell in love with the blueberry syrup posted earlier this year.
I dedicate today’s recipe to my littlest of bros Cameron. Hi Cam!
Cameron and I have an impressive 22 years between us. He’s my brother from another mother. 😉
When I would take Cameron to the store people often mistook him for my wee one and if we were out to dinner, my Dad, because the jokester that he is, would tell the waitress that he was mine. Rolls eyes. Try denying you’re someone’s parent—even if it’s true—there are some strange looks shared.
For the crazy age difference between us, Cameron and I are pretty close. Back when we lived in the Midwest we had sleepovers galore, went on bike rides and walks, made smoothies and juices, and cooked all those crazy Pinterest-worthy kid-themed foods. Like hotdog pieces with uncooked pasta poked through so that when they’re cooked they look like strange octopi-sea creatures. Plus volcanic mounds of steamed broccoli.
Crazy fun stuff!
One of Cameron’s favorite fruits—and I hope it still is—was strawberries!
Strawberries plus maple syrup = ridiculously easy fruity syrup.
Drown those pancakes!
Smother them in soy whip and chopped ripe strawberries. Put Baker’s Square to shame. I’m thinking of my Dad ordering Belgian waffles now.
Makes about a cup and a half and will keep for a few days in the refrigerator. Color may fade slightly.
I’d love to see your food pics! If you give this recipe a whirl, let us know. <3 Leave a comment below and don’t forget to tag your picture with #feedyourskull on Instagram!
Easy Vegan Two-Ingredient Strawberry Syrup!
- 6-8 oz strawberries, stems removed
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Add strawberries and maple syrup to a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 5 min.
- Remove from heat and let rest 5 minutes.
- Next either mash strawberries with a fork or potato masher OR add to a blender and carefully—it's hot—blend until smooth. Makes about a cup and a half.
Cameron would have a grand old time operating the blender. He is a kitchen professional.
Strawberry Food Facts
- Umm they taste amazing!
- Great source of antioxidant building Vitamin C and manganese
- Once picked they don’t ripen, so pick deep red ones
- Great source of fiber
- Thomas Wolsey in the court of King Henry VIII dreamed up the combo of strawberries and cream—we all thank you Thomas! [source]
More Strawberry Recipes