There’s something refreshing about a cold pasta salad especially during the summer. I threw today’s quick inspiration together with some leftover pasta for a tasty veg-filled option that didn’t require much forethought.
When I boil noodles I usually like to make a bit extra. They come in handy for quick meal prep the next day. I store them in the fridge, sometimes with a spritz of olive oil to keep from sticking together.
The amount of noodles I use depends on how hungry I am, if I’ve worked out or plan to, or by how many veggies I have on hand.
You feel me??
- 2 cups of leftover pasta
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 – whole zucchini, chopped and steamed or thinly sliced/shredded and raw
- 1/4-1/2 cucumber, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 3 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- approximately 1 tablespoon of your favorite dressing, I used Drew’s Italian Dressing
- Nutritional yeast to taste aka A LOT 😉
- salt and pepper to taste if needed
Other tasty additions or substitutions:
- A little homemade sauerkraut
- Kalamata or Spanish olives
- Raw or steamed broccoli
- Shredded carrot
- Pine nuts or pumpkin seeds
- Mixed freezer veggies (corn, peas, carrot/corn/pea)
- Thinly sliced raw greens (arugula, Swiss chard, kale, romaine, etc)
Feed your skull with nourishing foods. xo