Hello friends! Stay tuned after the csa haul for a delicious and healthy recipe using the ingredients above.
First up we have parsley, Swiss chard, and dill.
Dill → put it on everything (well almost)
Last but not least lemon cucumbers and a nice big onion. Lemon cucumbers are great hollowed out and stuffed with guacamole or hummus.
Vegan Lasagna Recipe
- 3 medium zucchini, ends removed and evenly sliced
- 2-3 cups of Padron peppers, stems removed, halved
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 3 small eggplants, sliced
- 1 - 24 oz jar of spaghetti sauce
- Alternate layers of zucchini, tomato, eggplant, peppers, and sauce in the Instant Pot until everything is used up.
- Close the lid and set to seal.
- Press the 'steam' function and adjust the time to 2 or 3 minutes - I did 3, but might try 2 next time.
- The Instant Pot will start, come to pressure, and steam. When it signals it is done, turn it off, release the pressure and remove the lid. Allow to cool and enjoy!
Before I put on the lid I also mixed up some firm tofu with minced garlic, salt, and nutritional yeast for a vegan ricotta. It was pretty tasty! We served this with pasta.
Jeremy and I thought the leftovers were even better probably because the flavors had time to mingle and settle. It does make us wonder if the short cooking time doesn’t allow for deep flavors if you’re translating a crock pot recipe to the pressure cooker. We shall see.