I can’t stop thinking about beans!
Beans on the brain I tell you.
Those warm earthy morsels fresh out of the pressure cooker. Full of flavor, nutrition, and a carefree spirit that says, “Make anything out of me!”
While digging spoonful after spoonful into this bowl, I couldn’t get over how delicate and fresh the chickpeas tasted after living in the freezer for a month. They were just as good as when you pop the seal of the pressure cooker.
All of this reminded me that I had a stellar bean dip recipe to share!
I created this recipe after reaching for WildWood’s 3-Bean Dip at our co-op, only to discover it contained MILK. What?!
I was devastated. Mostly because I had already eaten half the container via imagination.
I took a mental picture of the ingredient list and rushed home to create a vegan-friendly version, which I am happy to share with you today!
Bean Obsession 3-Bean Dip
Calories: 86 | Fat: < 1 g | Fiber: 5 g | Protein: 8 g | Iron: 10% | Calcium: 5% | Vitamin A: 6% | Zinc: 12 % | Selenium: 14%
- 1 15 oz can of 3-beans, drained and rinsed*
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened plain soy yogurt (or favorite plain yogurt)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Add ingredients to a food processor and blend until dip-like. Scrape down the sides as needed. Alternatively-though I haven't tried-add ingredients to a large bowl and mash with a fork or potato masher. Elbow grease required.
* or use one type of bean, or enough homemade beans that equal to approximately 240 grams
Chips along with our crudités to balance out the healthy. Olive fingers anyone?
Miss me? Say hello in the comments! xo