It’s snackity snack dippity dip time!
Recently I’ve been using tofu as a base for dips and I LOVE IT. It’s lack of flavor makes it the perfect blank canvas for snack creations.
Chop it into cubes and throw it in a blender or food processor to turn it into a whipped and creamy texture.
Simply Organic has been my season packet of choice with several vegan options available (note: ranch is not one of them, but it is vegetarian). They don’t show their ingredient list or sort them by vegan on their site, but the packets reflect all of the information if you’re buying at the store or at Amazon.
My favorites are French Onion, Mediterranean Herb Greek, and Zesty Spinach.
I used the Blendtec Twister Jar for this, but have also used a mini food processor—they both work great, the mini food processor just takes a little bit longer.
This recipe makes about a cup of dip and boasts 18 grams of protein!
Protein Packed French Onion Dip
- 1/2 block of firm tofu, chopped (approximately 1 heaping cup)
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened vegan yogurt (I used coconut)
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 packet Simply Organic French Onion Dip mix
- Add ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth. Empty into a container and chill for 1-3 hours to allow flavors to develop.
This french onion dip is not just for dipping either, throw it on a plate of steamed and roasted vegetables.
The creamy velvety onion against a salted crispy roasted potato is bliss. Use in wraps, on salads, stirred into a tofu breakfast scramble for even MORE protein, and the list goes on.
How are you going to use this dip?