Meet one of our new favorite snacks — Strawberry Almonds.
They are raw almonds smothered in a delectable strawberry glaze and then dehydrated to a crispy and chewy perfection.
I was absolutely inspired to make these when we happened across one of Blue Diamond’s new products at the store. They now have fruit flavored almonds?! I was like, what?!
While they are vegan and would do great in a pinch if traveling. The ingredients carry a few extra stragglers that you just don’t need when you make snacks fresh at home.
Blue Diamond Strawberry flavored almonds ingredient list: Almonds, sugar, natural strawberry flavor with other natural flavors, corn maltodextrin, modified corn starch, strawberry juice concentrate, sea salt, color (titanium dioxide, red cabbage juice), citric acid, rebiana (stevia extract).
There will be a little bit of extra batter that spreads out onto the tray — this turns into great little sections of fruit roll-up.
I made these strawberry almonds last week and decided they would be perfect for our road trip mini vacation to meet up with family.
Guess what? Everyone has loved them! I think I might need to make some for a special shipment to Colorado. 🙂
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 2 cups destemmed chopped strawberries
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1/4 cup Madhava organic coconut sugar
- Place almonds in a bowl and cover with water by a few inches. Let them soak overnight, then drain and rinse.
- In a blender or food processor, blend or process remaining ingredients until smooth. Mix with almonds in a bowl until the batter has coated everything.
- Divide strawberry covered almonds over 2 dehydrator trays lined with a teflex sheet. Dehydrate at 115 degrees fahrenheit for 14-24 hours. Until desired crispiness is reached.
Store in a airtight container. Will keep for some time, may be stored in the fridge or on the counter.
Have you ever shipped homemade goodies to friends and family? xo