I think these amazingly delicious, crave staving, EPIC vegan bloody marys deserve their own soundtrack. Something like Orff’s Carmina Burana. I began daydreaming these lovlies after a friend showed me pictures of some epicly omnivorous bloody marys. I just had to pay tribute—vegan style. It was so much fun to play with food. 🙂 Who else loves pickled vegetables?! I found the bloody mary mix at Tri-State in Moscow, ID and it just happened to not have anchovies or high fructose corn syrup—lucky me! The brand is Trü and it is truly delicious. It has some kick which is perfect for me, but it meant Jeremy sipped on his a bit slower even with the dilution of V8. Trü’s ingredient list. I started out by cooking the burgers and tots according to the back of the package. While they were cooking, I prepped the celery and cucumbers. I then skewered and tooth-picked the veggies together and propped them in an extra mason jar. Next, I made the drinks and began adding the garnishes, burgers, and tots. The balancing act.
The Epic Vegan Bloody Mary Meal
- 16 oz organic tater tots — I used Cascadian Farms
- 2 vegan burgers — I used MorningStar's Roasted Garlic and Quinoa
- 2 burger buns
- slices of onion and tomato
- condiments of choice
- 2 cups of ice
- 28 oz vegan bloody mary mix
- 28 oz V8 juice or tomato juice
- 6 oz vodka
- 2 teaspoons vegan worcestershire sauce
- celery salt to taste
- 1 cup+ pickled vegetables/olives/pickles
- 2 ribs of celery, ends trimmed
- small baskets
- 2 - 24" skewers
- 6 - 12" skewers
- 2 - 28 oz mason jars
- Cook tots and burgers according to package directions. Assemble burgers on a plate. Split tots over 2 baskets. Set aside.
- Skewer and toothpick the pickled veggies and veg.
- To each mason jar add 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce, a dash of celery salt, 14 oz V8 juice, 14 oz bloody mary mix, 3 oz vodka, and 1 cup of ice. Stir with a knife or straw and garnish with a sprinkle of black pepper.
• V8 or tomato juice could be subbed if vegan bloody mary mix is hard to locate, may need to adjust the worcestshire and celery salt by adding more • Skip the alcohol and make it a virgin
If you’re interested in how the burgers remained balanced, I just cut a round piece of cardboard and placed it on the skewer.
Aren’t the tater tot baskets cute?
What’s your favorite pickled vegetable? xo