I will share more about the top-secret not so secret project I’ve been working on the last several weeks coming up this weekend.
But for now, I have an awesome little snack that saves me all the time. It’s like a healthier Reese’s snack.
I’m not sure what it saves me from exactly because I won’t break down and have a Reeses’s but it probably saves me from something like Oreos instead. 😉
Chocolate PB Rice Cake
- 1 rice cake (I like Lundberg Wild Rice cakes)
- schmear of natural peanut butter
- sprinkle of nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon of semi-sweet chocolate chips (vegan) or 1:1:1 ratio of cocoa powder, maple syrup, and coconut oil (like 1 or 1/2 tablespoon each)
- Spread a light schmear of peanut butter on the rice cake followed by a sprinkle of nutritional yeast. Melt chocolate chips in small bowl for 30 seconds (in 10 second intervals) or until melted. Then drizzle or spread on top of the peanut butter.
- If you make the 1:1:1 ratio of chocolate sauce make sure your coconut oil is melted first. It will mix nicely with a small whisk or fork.
I like to make several of these at once and store them in the fridge for grab-and-go ease and as much as I like to eat one in a sitting, I’ve also eaten half in the morning with half an apple leaving the remaining halves for an afternoon snack. A simple way to extend the bliss.