Over the next several days I’m excited to share some Feed Your Skull vegan-approved gift guides. Today I share all those fun little items that make opening a stocking so delightful. What constitutes as a ‘good gift’ for the vegan loved one in your life? A vegan is not just someone that doesn’t eat meat. Vegans abstain from buying, using, or wearing any product that has an ingredient or material derived from an animal. That includes soaps made of honey and goat milk, wool, leather, and products that have been tested on animals for human safety.
Stocking Stuffers: Fun, small, or useful gifts.
It may seem daunting, at first, navigating your way through products that you’ve never thought about before as being vegan or not, but that’s what today’s helpful gift guide and tips are for!
- Surf Sweets Gummy Candies – Traditional ‘gummy’ candies are made with gelatin (hooves). These sweet yummy treats are hoove-free!
- Hurraw! Chapstick – Love it! I first received this in a Vegan Cuts beauty box. My husband a non-chapstick kind of guy just bought the coffee bean version when we were at Food Fight Vegan Grocery in PDX.
- Weleda Body Lotions – Lotions are always a go-to for gift giving. These are the perfect small size for stockings.
- Hugo ‘all over lotion’ – My mom-in-love (I mean Santa!) gave this lotion to me last year and I LOVE IT! I can’t remember using a lotion so consistently until the last drop was gone. They have many scents too.
- Rescue Chocolate – Forget the ‘kisses’ in this year’s stocking. Buy small chocolates that are delicious and support pit bull rescue.
- Sea to Summit collapsible travel bowl – We first bought our light-weight bowls in 2008 (we still have them!), they have gone camping and on many road trips with us. We’ve used them for fruit salads, dinners, soups and used the solid bottom as a cutting board. They are perfect for hot and cold food items.
- Scotch Naturals Nail Polish – I’m slowly changing over makeup to better for the planet, animals and me options. Here’s one of them.
- Apples! – Need I say more? I always look forward to fruit in my stocking. Reminds me of reading Little House on the Prairie, when one orange was all they got for Christmas and LOVED it. 🙂
- Oranges! – Same as above. Glorious fruit.
I’ve linked to several online shopping sites where these items are available. If you prefer to do your shopping in person, health food stores or co-ops are great options when looking for cruelty-free and vegan items.
What are some of your favorite stocking stuffers? xo