Sometimes combining two of your favorite things is a bad idea like sauerkraut and chocolate or horseradish and mango but sometimes you reach that magical middle and find a combo that works. Chocolate and pumpkin pie spice. Yes. In a smoothie. Yes again.
This smoothie makes enough for two people or go all in and have it as your breakfast and lunch. It has fat and calories from healthy plant-based sources and will keep you satisfied and your sweet-tooth in check. What more could you ask for?
Chocolate Pumpkin Pie Spice Smoothie
Nutritional Information per serving -
Calories: 457 | Fat: 9 grams | Fiber: 14 grams | Protein: 7 grams | Vitamin C: 47% | Calcium: 19% | Iron: 13%
- 5-6 ripe medium-sized bananas
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao or unsweetened cocoa
- 2 oz plain coconut yogurt
- 1 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or a few pitted dates
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 5 ice cubes
- water (approximately 1 1/2 - 2 cups)
- Place ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!
and now for this week’s Top 10
1. Another great week of walks! It will be much different this coming week with brighter mornings and dark evenings. I told Jeremy that we’ll have to get used to walking in the dark once again. I found a new route that I will like much better when it snows because I can just walk from the house and not worry about sliding down any hills with the car. The last pic above I nicknamed ‘murder mill’ because—well—it was Halloween.
2. WSU football lost against Arizona State.
3. I started reading Big Appetites by Christopher Boffoli and love it as much as I thought I would. It’s a cross between food porn, Far Side-ish humor, and The Littles.
4. I’m giving away a moss agate pendant made by my friend Alma from Pendants by Alma (an etsy store). It’s open for 2 more days so don’t miss out! Go to this post and scroll to the bottom for the entry details.
5. I’m really liking this sample of Lotus Moon’s Vitamin B Hydrating Gel facial moisturizer from my latest Vegan Cuts Beauty Box. And if you read the review you know I don’t like to spend $20+ on skin care products but this one has made my skin so dewy and glowy plus after it’s applied, the skin feels good to the touch. I may have to reconsider my rules.
6. One of my favorite Youtuber’s Friggin Boom does this thing where you can Paypal him $25 USD and he will paint a 20 cm x 20 cm canvas with whatever you want. Since I love his channel and his artsy fartsy style I decided to do this! He gave a sneak peek of the painting in this daily vlog.
7. I went back to the WSU apple orchard and bought 8-10 pounds of apples for $10.52. I was relieved to hear they’ll being selling apples through January. This week’s haul included Ida Red, Empire, Granny Smith, and Gala. So good. Oh and 3 apples a day will turn you into a super hero and keep you regular which I guess is kind of obvious. 😉
8. We received 16 hours notice from our management company that the owner was sending someone to look at a dead tree in our yard the next day. Okay – sounds good. Little did we know, we were going to be helping move and haul logs, branches, and general tree crap for the next 6 hours. On the plus side we have firewood, we got a good work out, and none of the 3 trees hit the house, lamp, or car. On the down side Jeremy’s knee is upset and I might’ve sprained my forearm doing that step on a branch pull with your arm to break motion over and over.
9. We had hail today! Probably the first time seeing it since we moved from Illinois. Between that and the chill in the air it almost felt like Chicago.
10. Jeremy started his second batch of beer. This time going for an imperial stout made with roasted barley and chocolate malt roasted barley. It should be between 9-10% alcohol and from our tasting of the wort I will say it’s going to be AMAZING!
Well that’s all folks. Enjoy the smoothie and have a fab week! What’s going on in your neighborhood? xo