Juicing is one of those things I don’t take the time to do unless one of us is starting to feel under the weather and I’m okay with that. Even though I thoroughly enjoy a green juice when I have it, I much prefer getting my greens and fruit with their fiber in a smoothie.
When you’re sick or starting to feel under the weather, a green juice is actually a huge benefit. Because the fiber has been removed, your body doesn’t need to spend a lot of digestive time breaking down the ‘bulk’ in order to assimilate the—get us better quick—nutrients, it can just go ahead and absorb the vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
Today’s green juice recipe provides many immune boosting benefits that will help kick your cold to the curb.
- Collards: High in Vitamins C, A, and K. Contains substantial amounts of tryptophan, fiber, calcium, manganese and folate. A good source of the omega-3, alpha-linolenic acid.
- Celery: Contains the polysaccharide, apiuman – which has shown anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Apples: A great source of Vitamin C and antioxidants. When consumed whole, a great source of fiber.
- Wheat Grass: Increases red blood-cell count. Stimulates metabolism and the thyroid gland. Reduces acidity in the blood. Sweetens breath and benefits dental health.
- Lemon: High in Vitamin C which provides protection against inflammatory polyarthritis, a form of rheumatoid arthritis.
Immunity Booster Green Juice Recipe
- 3 stalks of celery
- 2 small apples, quartered
- 1 inch row of wheat grass (about 1/3 of a small square container)
- 1 lemon, peeled and quartered
- 3 large collard leaves
- Juice and drink immediately for health and immune boosting benefits.