Did you enjoy yesterday’s Frankenstein Guacamole Cups? If so, I have another fun Halloween idea for you, Eye of Goblin Matcha Punch!
Benefits of Matcha:
- One glass of matcha is equivalent to 10 glasses of green tea
- Metabolism-booster = fat fighter
- Contains: vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and amino acids
- Vitamin C, Selenium, Chromium, Zinc, Magnesium, and L-Theanine
- Matcha’s ORAC level is 20-times that of pomegranates or blueberries
- Rich in fiber
- Does not raise insulin levels
- Rich in chlorophyll
Eye of Goblin Matcha Punch
- 1 1/3 tablespoons matcha green tea powder (about 4 teaspoons)
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup lime juice (about 3 large limes)
- 1-2 tablespoons agave or sweetener of choice
- 1/2 cup grapes, frozen (1/4 cup each of red and green)
- 1/2 lime, quartered - optional
- 4 toothpicks
- Add matcha powder to a 4 cup-measuring cup and add about 1/8 cup of the boiling water, mix until powder is dissolved then stir in the remaining boiling water. Chill for 1-2 hours in the freezer, this is also a good time to freeze the grapes.
- Once matcha is chilled, stir in the lime juice and sweetener until dissolved. Pour into 4 tumbler glasses and garnish with a slice of lime and toothpick with 3 frozen grapes. Drop any extra grapes into the glasses.
I hope you enjoy my eye of goblin punch. 🙂 xo
Have you ever had matcha powder before? This was my first time. It seemed a little expensive to me but considering 1 glass has the benefit of 10 glasses of green tea, I’m coming around. You can use anywhere from 1/2 teaspoon to 1 full teaspoon per 8 ounces of water—using a smaller serving will help stretch your dollar even further.