I made this smoothie so I could enjoy a quick and nutritious breakfast after my morning walk. I call it my AC/DC smoothie because it was bright and sassy, a perfect drink for a sunny day. You can almost hear T.N.T. playing in the background.
This combination isn’t my typical go-to and I’m so glad I just threw it together because it turned out so good. It’s a beautiful creamy orange color and boasts 7 grams of fiber and 3 grams of protein within a less than 200 calorie frame.
The banana, grapefruit and carrot can all be detected subtly but they balance each other out, just right.
Calories: 199 - Fat: <1 g - Fiber: 7 g - Protein: 3 g - Vitamin A: 30% - Vitamin C: 174% - Calcium: 7% - Iron: 4% - B6: 30% - Copper: 13% - Magnesium: 15% - Manganese: 21%
- 1 banana
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- fruit from 1 grapefruit
- Add to a tall personal blender cup, add water (leaving an inch of space) and blend until smooth.
Now for this week’s 10 things!
- I came down with a head cold on Tuesday. Boo! It’s my first time with a cold in over a year and without the practice you’d think I was on my deathbed. I felt awful but am feeling much better after the first 3 days.
- Being sick had me contemplating death (I think it always does) and how our bodies shut-down BUT they’re also simultaneously repairing us–at least when we’re sick 😉
- I tried to distract myself from morbid thoughts by catching up on season 8 of Supernatural. Love. That. Show.
- Jeremy can make a KILLER green smoothie. I have to let him in the kitchen more.
- I bought some books on food styling, so I’ve started pouring over those.
- Went on my first walk in several days, yesterday. It felt good to get everything stretching and moving. No atrophy!
- We also went to the WSU Tukey orchard and bought red delicious and opalescent apples along with cider and potatoes. Best apples ever!
- Getting your period while being sick, is pretty much the worst.
- I love every single bit of nature here in Pullman, there is always a new tree or animal to admire. It makes my heart happy.
- I put some coconut oil on my tresses for an overnight treatment and forgot how much I love the feeling after a shampoo the next morning.
I hope you enjoy the smoothie recipe and have a productive week ahead. xo