This took less than 20 minutes to make so it’s fresh cooked and oh so tasty.
It’s a zucchini torta.
Did I mention it also has avocado? It does.
A torta is a kind of Mexican sandwich served on a bolillo roll and like all sandwiches it can be eaten hot, cold, grilled, and toasted.
This was a new way to use zucchini for me and I loved it!
Water sautéing is an excellent way to cut down on oil dependence in cooking. Instead enjoy a whole food source of healthy fat from the avocado.
- 1/4 large onion, diced
- 2 small-medium zucchini, chopped (about 1 1/2-2 cups)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- lime juice
- salt to taste
- water for sautéing
- 1/2 avocado
- sriracha to taste
- 2 bolillo rolls, french bread, etc
- 1 cup mixed greens
- Add a couple tablespoons of water to a large skillet, add onion and heat over medium heat. Sautè for 3 minutes or until translucent, add garlic and sautè a minute more.
- Add zucchini, cumin, salt and additional water if things are sticking, cover and cook on low-medium heat for 5-7 minutes until tender but not overcooked.
- Remove from heat and drizzle with salsa and a squeeze of lime juice.
- Divide and spread avocado over 2 sandwiches, top with zucchini, sriracha and mixed greens.
©Feed Your Skull
This looks so delicious; I have to make it!
Hi Lauren! It was so very delicious 🙂