Gasp! I haven’t shared a raw food burger since these raw vegan garden burgers.
Today’s ‘Go Make This’ is all about Megan Elizabeth’s Raw Veggie Burger from her latest youtube video. Go make them. Now.
You only need a few ingredients and you may already have them on hand like I did.
They are also very easy to whip together and don’t require any dehydrating time so they are quick too (although you could if you wanted).
Carrots, green onions, sunflower seeds, sun-dried tomatoes, mustard powder and lemon or lime juice.
Rough chop, process and form into whatever shape you want.
Megan Elizabeth’s Raw Veggie Burger
Makes 4-6 patties.
- 3/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 1/2 cups sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon/lime juice
- Add ingredients to a food processor and process until completely ground up and ingredients stick together. You may want to process the sunflower seeds and carrots first before adding in the remaining ingredients.
- Shape and eat!
I made these yesterday and had them for lunch and then again with our dinner of chili. Both Jeremy and I loved them. They are probably best enjoyed within the first 24 hours even though they would last several days in the fridge.
I used sun-dried tomatoes that were from Costco, you know the kind in oil? I just put a bunch in a strainer and rinsed the oil off under warm water, then measured and repeated until I had my 1 1/2 cups. We also had oil-free sun-dried tomatoes in the fridge but I didn’t want to wait the soaking time. Either option will work though depending on your preferences.