Today’s spicy Thai apple snacks are even more exciting than the super cute tuxedo sweet potatoes. This is a perfect snack with autumn approaching in the United States. I can’t wait to check out the orchard that WSU manages and see what apples they offer. Besides pumpkin, apples are one of my favorite fall foods. As for this snack, your tongue will be tantalized by the sweet apple, savory peanut butter, spices and herbs, and sriracha’s heat. It is a beautiful flavor profile. It will put a smile on your face. I’m confident. They are super easy to make too! Make them a meal by topping each round with spinach, romaine, or green leaf lettuce.
Spicy Thai Apple Snacks
- 1 apple, cored and cut into 1/4" slices
- 1-2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 4-6 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- garlic powder
- curry powder
- sriracha to taste or cayenne or orange marmalade if spicy isn't your thing
- Spread a reasonable sized amount of peanut butter on each slice, sprinkle a dash of garlic and curry powder over each one, top with desired amount of sriracha and basil leaves.
Leave them open face like above or top with a plain apple slice for apple sandwiches. Enjoy!