I’ve officially taken on the efforts to recreate my previously favorite champagne dressing from Girard’s. So, today I’ll share with you a not quite champagne dressing recipe (although it’s very very good) and an epic Zucchini noodle salad. I sprinkled all those delicious veggies with some of Frank’s Finest Spirulina Gomasio. If you haven’t heard…gomasio is a dried condiment typically made from unhulled sesame seeds and salt.
I already loved spirulina, which is a nutrient rich algae. It contains all essential amino acids and is 60% protein by weight. In this blend it is paired with sea salt, garlic, onion,and protein-rich hemp hearts instead of sesame seeds. My husband and I love it sprinkled on salads, soups, popcorn, and even cabbage slaw tacos. It is so very very good!
I made the dressing in my blender then stored it in a salad shaker container.
Mmm fresh ground pepper! Sometimes when my nose is stuffy I like to breathe in fresh ground pepper to make myself sneeze. 😉
Reason why I didn’t use the OXO container for shaking, I made too much dressing. This recipe makes approximately 1 1/2 cups of dressing.
Even if it’s Not Quite Champagne dressing, it sure is pretty!
I love that layer of pepper at the bottom!
Not Quite Champagne Dressing and a Zucchini Noodle Salad
- 1/2 cup champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon unsulphured black strap molasses
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon basil powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 small zucchini, peeled into noodles down to the seed area with a vegetable peeler
- 2 small tomatoes, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped English cucumber
- 1/2 avocado, sliced or cubed
- 1/4 cup salsa sauerkraut
- 1/2 tablespoon spirulina gomasio
- nutritional yeast and black pepper to taste
- In a bowl whisk together vinegar, honey, molasses, mustard, garlic, onion, basil, salt. Pour in the olive oil last, as you whisk. Add the pepper to the bottom of the container you will be using for storage and top with the dressing.
- Arrange ingredients in a bowl or on a plate and top with desired amount of dressing.
For the dressing a blender may be used instead of whisking, just pulse the ingredients until combined, adding in the olive oil last.
Dressing keeps for a little over a week in the fridge, shake before using.