Last night we found ourselves reveling in comfort, when eating this autumn vegetable medley. It was immensely tasty!
Most of the recipes I share are a culmination of spontaneous inspiration. This particular one started upon seeing this Stuffing Starter mix. I thought it was a nice blend that would go great in a roasted/baked vegetable dish. The mix included onion, celery stalks, parsley, rosemary, thyme and sage. While these ingredients can be easily acquired separately and prepped in your own kitchen sometimes it’s nice to embrace convenience on the healthy side of the line. Using this mix lent a pot pie or hearty stew flavor which was extremely satisfying.
We couldn’t help but feel like we were practicing for thanksgiving with our easy Apple Cranberry Relish and all those savory herbs from the stuffing starter mix. It’s amazing that a little sage, thyme and rosemary will do that.
I tried to keep my veggie additions in check but with just the two of us we did have leftovers – enough for my lunch the next day. I would say this could serve 4 with one or two other side dishes like a salad and the cranberry relish.
I used my 13×9 inch Pyrex pan and layered the stuffing mix, zucchini, green beans, broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, potatoes, and Northern beans. I feel like this was my first time trying Northern beans. Is that possible? These soft creamy colored beans have a very tender texture with a soft buttery flavor. They are amazing to say the least. I wonder how they compare to other beans?
I used the last of my Girl on Raw’s Spa Salad Dressing to drizzle over the top for additional flavor. I think most favorite dressings could be substituted or even a little vegetable broth.
In the future I might play around with adding the green beans and broccoli during the last 10-15 minutes to retain a brighter green but they were still crunchy and delicious.
Autumn Vegetable Medley
- 1 cup Trader Joe's Stuffing Starter Mix (see notes)
- 2 carrots, cut into sticks
- large handful green beans, chopped
- 6-9 baby potatoes (each between 1-2" large)
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 - 15 oz can organic Northern Beans, drained/rinsed
- 3/4 cup of Girl on Raw's Spa Salad Dressing (or favorite herbed salad dressing)
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking spray or 1/2 teaspoon olive oil or parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Oil 13x9 inch pan with cooking spray, olive oil or a layer of parchment paper. Layer the vegetables starting with the stuffing starter mix, carrots, green beans, potatoes, zucchini, broccoli, mushrooms, and Northern beans. Drizzle the salad dressing across the top.
- Cover with tinfoil and bake 30-40 minutes. Enjoy!
*The stuffing mix was just pre-cut onion, celery, parsley, rosemary, thyme, and sage leaves - so maybe 1/2 cup onion, 1/2 cup celery and the remaining seasonings to your fancy 😉 *Feel free to add the broccoli in the last 15 minutes
I know you will love it! Enjoy! xoxo