Today I want to share with you my Best Ever Guacamole recipe! Guacamole is always the bomb when you use fresh beautiful ingredients and here are the ones I always have to have in my guacamole.
- Fresh ripe Haas avocados; they should be dark green and yield slightly when light pressure is applied.
- garlic; I love LOTS of garlic and so has everyone who’s had my guacamole but adjust to your tastes if the quantity frightens you ;)
- green or red onion; depends on what I have on hand but I use the white & green of green onions
- grape tomatoes or just the meat of a whole tomato (no juice or seeds)
- cilantro; is a must in my opinion but those with the genetic trait that experience a soapy taste when eating cilantro may leave it out
- sea salt; to taste
- lemon or lime juice
Even though I’m going to share a guideline recipe for this based on the last batch I made I will say that how much of each ingredient varies a little each time I make this based on the flavor and quality of the produce. I usually add everything to taste and encourage you to do the same.
- 2 Hass Avocados
- 3-7 green onions, diced or 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 4-6 garlic cloves, minced
- 10-13 grape tomatoes, diced (about 1/3 cup)
- loose cup of cilantro, chopped
- diced jalapeno, to taste
- juice of half a lemon or lime
- sea salt to taste
- Cut a circumference slice around the avocado (from stem to bottom), set the pit aside, and scoop avocado into a bowl using a spoon. Mash the avocado using a whisk.
- Add remaining ingredients and gently fold into the avocado until mixed well.
I have 2 secrets to keeping guacamole fresh and green. 1. Store the pit in the guacamole 2. If you have leftovers, place a layer of saran wrap over your bowl and press the saran wrap down until it is flush with the surface of the guacamole (this tip works for pesto too)
I love to use my best ever guacamole the following ways:
Serve as a meal with carrot and cucumber chips
Layer in romaine leaves with other favorite veggies for romaine lettuce wraps.
Use in a nori wrap instead of slices of avocado.
Serve alongside some homemade salsa sauerkraut with whole grain chips. mmmm.
Whatever way you choose, I think you’ll agree it’s super super delicious! Enjoy!