Eating fruit in almond milk like a bowl of cereal isn’t unique to this post, I shared a blueberry banana bowl last year but it is so good and the flavor of fresh almond milk mixed with perfectly ripe blueberries and strawberries is magical.
An easy snack to make and eat at home or take to work with almond milk or in separate containers. Add 2 savory brazil nuts for more than a day’s dose of selenium, healthy fats, B vitamins and other minerals.
- They are the 2 most popular berries consumed in the United States
- Blueberries are native to North America [source]
- Improves cognitive memory function
- Freezing doesn’t damage their antioxidant level
- Low glycemic
- 1 cup of blueberries contains: 36% Vitamin K, 25% Manganese, 24% Vitamin C, and 14% Fiber
- Strawberries provide [source]
- Cardiovascular support
- Helps regulate blood sugar
- Helps in the prevention of cervical, breast, colon, and esophageal cancers
- Didn’t become popular until the 18th century
- Store in the fridge and consume as soon as possible
- 1 cup of strawberries contains: 141% Vitamin C, 28% Manganese, 12% fiber, 9% Folate, 9% Iodine, 6% Potassium, 5% Magnesium, 4% Vitamin K, and 4% Omega-3 fats
Cheers to eating good and feeling even better!