I think more than any other recipe I’ve posted I would LOVE to hear feedback on this one the most. So, if you make it…please come back and share. I mean so many meals are good but this one had me jumping up and down in the kitchen. This soup could also double as a vegan stroganoff sauce to have over noodles (zucchini or regular) with thick slices of marinated portobello mushrooms. Drool now!
This soup is so creamy and flavorful, I am beside myself. The texture is almost like a soft mousse with fresh herb undertones and the creamy crimini popping out here and there.
You’ll be beside yourself too with how easy it is. The only thing that takes any amount of time is calming your hunger while the potato is baking. While the potato is baking though you can prep the other ingredients or even wash dishes ;).
This made about 4-5 cups so there is plenty for it to be a sauce instead of a soup. If you are making it as soup, it will work perfect as 4 sides, main dishes for 2, OR 1 big piggy serving like I had tonight.
I’m on day 3 of my smoothie/soup feast and I didn’t set any rules about cooked ingredients. The only heat I’ve used thus far is from the electric tea kettle (for adding hot water) and the blender, which if run for one minute and 2o seconds heats up the ingredients just enough. If you aren’t doing any sort of a feast, feel free to warm it briefly on the stove.
Foodgasmic Potato Crimini Soup
Nutritional information for entire recipe:
Calories: 568 - Fat: 17g - Fiber: 15g - Protein: 13g - Vitamin A: 31% - Vitamin C: 98% - Calcium: 102% - Iron: 26% - Zinc: 21% - Selenium: 32% - Vitamin D: 52% - Vitamin E: 109% and many B vitamins
- 3 cups HOT baked potato - approximately 1 very large potato - (wash and bake for about 1 hour or until tender at 360F)
- 1 cup sliced crimini mushrooms
- 1 small avocado, pit and skins discarded
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups plain unsweetened almond milk
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 small sprigs of dill, chopped
- additional black pepper for garnish
- After potato is baked, carefully quarter it and add it to your blender or food processor (fitted with the s-blade) along with the crimini mushrooms, avocado, green onion, garlic, sea salt, pepper, and almond milk.
- Blend or process for at least 1:20 (all the ingredients should be completely incorporated and super creamy) -- if it's a Blendtec use the 'soup' setting under 'whole foods'.
- Add in the basil and dill and pulse 3-4 times until blended but not pulverized.
- Serve as soup or a delicious and savory sauce over raw zucchini noodles or pasta.