I’ve been told I have both and though I’d argue the mouth one, that might just confirm other’s view points. 😉
My feet clock in at 10-10.5, if you were wondering and I just got back from a couple miles of walking while out running errands and I was really hungry. Extremely hungry. One of my errands was to stop at Fred Meyer and fill our fridge up just a little bit before we go to the farmer’s market tomorrow. Have I mentioned it’s never a good idea to go grocery shopping on an empty stomach when you’re walking?
I brought one bag with me, thinking there’s no way one heaping heavy basket will fill more than one large whole foods bag. Wrong. Have I not shopped with myself before? Seriously.
Well I made it home (with 2 bags) and the marks from carrying the basket are slowly disappearing. After the walk and grocery haul ‘strength training’ session, I was ravenous, hence the Big Mouth Big Foot Salad. 😉
Big Mouth Big Foot Salad
This would make a great side salad for 2 or a filling salad for 1.
- a couple handfuls of spinach
- handful of parsley, diced
- handful of cilantro, diced
- 1/4 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1 ear of sweet corn, kernels removed
- 2 stalks celery, small chopped
- 1/2 small avocado, sliced
- steamed broccoli, lightly sauteed in a smidge of olive oil, minced garlic, and chili garlic hot sauce
- your favorite dressing or olive oil/lemon juice
- Combine ingredients in a large bowl and enjoy!
Feel free to top with a little nutritional yeast – yum!
On a side note I cut my bangs today (these are both after shots) after watching a youtube tutorial and I LOVE THEM! I think I cut about 1 1/2″ off…with craft scissors no less. 🙂 Someone on facebook asked me if I got a face lift – lol – because I looked years younger than the last time I saw him. Thanks! But no – just good clean veggie eating with the occaisonal bad girl splurge (read: chips, cheese, and chocolate) 😉
Other things I’m up to:
- reading Buffy the Vampire Slayer comics courtesy of the Portland Library (win!)
- reading David Wolfe’s Eating for Beauty
- reading 80/10/10
- reading Salem’s Lot
- walking/hikes with inside strength training (a little Blogilates pilates and Skimble app workouts)
- Jeremy and I have watched Contagion, Paranormal Activity 3, and Big Love season 5 (thank you library!)
- we’re planning on having vegan sausages for me and maybe meat ones for Jeremy covered in homemade sauerkraut for dinner tonight
Have a fabulous weekend everyone and I would love to hear from you and what you’re up to this weekend. XOOX