These go from make to devour in like 5 minutes. How sweet is that?!
I know that I’m ‘alone’ when it comes to my feelings on desserts. I like them few and far between, I’m a salty girl, what can I say? The other day though, it happened that I did want some chocolate and while a smoothie would do, I wanted to make brownies. It had been awhile!
These are rich, very nutritious and will fill that chocolate fix. I had one and I was completely satisfied.
These aren’t low-fat but they are FREE of refined flour and crappy sugars. I’ll trade those nasties for healthy fats any day. As my dessert eating routine goes, I’ve only had one every couple days. Jeremy, on the other hand, can eat 2 in one sitting – like he did on Saturday when I surprised him at the airport. Nothing better than a nutritious chocolate treat when you’ve been traveling since the wee hours of the morning. 🙂
Chocolate Vanilla Cinnamon Raw Vegan Brownies
- 2 cups raw walnuts
- dash salt
- 2 cups pitted medjool dates
- 2 teaspoons Sunfood vanilla bean powder
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 oz melted extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup Navitas Naturals raw cacao powder
- Place walnuts and salt in the food processor and process until finely ground. Add dates, vanilla bean, cinnamon, coconut oil, and cacao powder. Process until well mixed and dates are fully ground. The batter will easily stick together when pinched.
- Press into an 8x8 glass pan or Tupperware container until flat and cut into 10-20 pieces. Refrigerate for 1-2 weeks (if they last this long).