Ever since watching the beautiful Kristina Carrillo-Bucaram make her EPIC bowl of salsa on youtube – I’ve been craving a similar salsa and kept it in the back of my mind this last week.
If you drink a lot of green smoothies, you probably will have plenty of ingredients on hand and ready to go! So, go with what you have in your kitchen – unless you need to stock up.
We had fresh pineapple, mango, cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, and cilantro to work with and it was divine! I think jicama, jalapeno, or even grapes would be delicious in this also.
Eat With A Spoon Pineapple Mango Cucumber Salsa
Nutritional Information/serving: Calories: 111 - Fat: 0.5g - Fiber: 3.5g - Protein: 2g - Vitamin A: 4% - Vitamin C: 143% - Calcium: 4% - Iron: 4%
- 1 pineapple - cored and small cubed
- 1 large mango - pitted, peeled, and cubed
- 1/2 English cucumber, diced
- 1 lb Campari tomatoes, diced (these tomatoes are a little larger than cherry but not as large as romas)
- huge handful of cilantro, diced
- 3/4 large red onion, diced
- 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
- juice from 1 lemon
- salt to taste
- Combine ingredients and toss to coat. Feel free to let this settle in its juices for 1-2 hours or fill a bowl right away and dig in!
Here’s how I dished mine….get ready to drool….
It made me rethink if I was in a pinch and looking for lunch at the supermarket. I could easily see grabbing an avocado, a bowl of store made salsa, and maybe some bagged spinach – and a spoon or fork of course. 😉
Enjoy eating vibrant today! xoxo