I realized the other day that it had been many months since I’ve made apple spaghetti and then decided to make it for lunch. It was perfect and sweet if you like a dessert type meal.
Bananas were used as a topping instead of the coconut banana flax balls in the previous recipe along with this revolutionary cinnamon date sauce. This sauce would make an amazing frosting for brownies or vegan cupcakes or regular cupcakes, just reduce the water. If you want to add some additional protein, omegas, and fiber – just sprinkle some hemp hearts or flax seeds on top.
If you don’t have a spiralizer yet….feel free to just cut up apple and banana slices and dip away.
Apple Spaghetti with Bananas and Creamy Cinnamon Date Sauce
- 1 large apple of choice (I used a Pink Lady)
- 1 banana, sliced
- 8 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 - 1 cup almond milk (mine had vanilla bean in it)
- 1 heaping teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 heaping tablespoon Raw Almond Butter
- Core apple and spiralize, I tried to make angel hair size pasta and it did NOT work, then moved onto my tried and true spiralizer. Top with sliced banana.
- Add ingredients to blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Finish by topping your apple spaghetti with this amazingly simple and delicious sauce. Enjoy!
The sauce makes about 2 servings, at least for me, it was just too much in one sitting 🙂
This sounds ridiculously delicious! I love sweets like that as a meal.