I’m barely done eating these and I already want to make them again! How’s that for tasty?
These lightly broiled cauliflower morsels are divine and savory and with just a few spice adjustments could meet both Eastern and Western cuisine flavors. I really want to try a curry blend next time.
This served one (me) as I was making it my main course and Jeremy is out of town. Adjust ingredients as you need, whether you are making it a side or main.
This was inspired by my favorite kale chip marinade. I thought why not on cauliflower too?
Melt in Your Mouth Tamari Nooch Cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tamari seasoning or bragg liquid aminos (or any soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (Nooch)
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- cayenne to taste
- 1 small head of cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/8 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven on broil setting, about 500F.
- Combine olive oil, tamari, nutritional yeast, lemon, and cayenne in a bowl large enough to fit the cauliflower too and whisk until combined. Add cauliflower and onion; toss to coat.
- Spread cauliflower out on a cookie sheet lined with tinfoil and broil for about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro and enjoy!
I had it along with slices of cucumber and tomato sprinkled with salt/pepper, and fresh celery sticks. The fresh chopped cilantro really made everything ‘pop’ and I love it, but if you don’t, try basil or another favorite herb.
What’s your favorite ‘go to’ marinade?