Jeremy says if there are 3 things we always need on our counter, they would be: kale chips, this trail mix, and Girl On Raw’s Cinnamon Donut holes. This deliciousness came into my world while taking my first Raw Chef certification. This is the basic recipe, but you could come up with many different and tasty combinations.
I’m hoping this will last us until our plane ride next week, but me thinks I will have to make another batch by Monday or Tuesday. :)
Savory Raw Vegan Trail Mix
Wanting a savory and crunchy snack that puts all other chips (besides kale chips) to shame? This is your new snack! Perfect for road trips, a hike, or while watching a movie.
- 1 1/2 cups raw almonds
- 1 1/4 cups hulled pumpkin seeds
- 1 1/2 cups raw sunflower seeds
- 4 tablespoons organic tamari or Bragg liquid aminos
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 - 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (1/4 mild - 1 teaspoon SPICY)
- Combine ingredients in a large bowl and toss well to mix. Spread or 'clump' mix on a dehydrator tray with the standard mesh sheet and dehydrate at 105F for 18-24 hours. Store in a sealed container.
I'm sure these could be baked on a parchment lined cookie sheet on your oven's lowest setting until dry.
In a pinch, use Trader Joe's pepita seeds, they're not 'raw' but they'll work just fine.
What is your favorite salty snack? I won’t say what my naughty one is, that thankfully I haven’t had in months – right now kale chips or guacamole with cucumber slices.