This is what I call to die for almond butter. It tastes amazingly fresh and dare I say better than store bought. Could it be because I soaked and dehydrated the raw almonds first? Maybe. Not something I’d do all the time, but it’s fun to try a new process.
I’m very happy with my recent delve into homemade and nut/seed butters.
How to make raw almond butter using the Blendtec Twister Jar
Homemade Raw Almond Butter
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 1/4 cup almond oil
- Soak almonds in enough filtered water to cover them by an inch, overnight or for 6-8 hours. Drain and rinse almonds.
- Place on a dehydrator tray, fitted with the standard mesh sheet and dehydrate at 105F for 20-24 hours.
- Finally, place almonds and almond oil in your BlendTec Twister Jar (or food processor) and use the up/down arrows on the BlendTec to increase speed while turning the Twister jar lid counter clockwise. This will be done in about 30 seconds with the BlendTec Twister Jar and may take 5-8 minutes in the food processor.
- Store in a sealed glass container in your refrigerator. Enjoy!
Feel free to add a dash of salt, honey, spices, or even cacao to your almond butter to create new flavors.
Even more notes:
- You don’t ‘need’ the almond oil per say, but it will be smoother and easier to blend with it. If you don’t use it, process the almonds in 2 batches and then mix together.
- I added a dash of salt and 1 tablespoon of sweetener to mine
- This made a bit over 1 1/2 cups almond butter
- Great for smoothies, on celery/apples/etc, or to eat with a spoon.