I recently posted about how to make your own pineapple vinegar and I’m getting recipe requests for the smoothie I pictured. Thank goodness I took pictures because I didn’t write it down.
A quick note on me and greens. After I add the fruit, I pretty much just add greens until my blender is full, I never measure. So, below I have rough estimates. If you haven’t tried green smoothies before, spinach is the best introduction – it has no taste, just adds color and nutrients. When you get a little bit more experimental, think about adding these other greens, like: cilantro, parsley, dandelion greens, !kale!, romaine, swiss chard, bok choy, beet greens, etc. There are so many, go for it!
Parsley Mango Pineapple Vinegar Smoothie
- 1/4 cup pineapple vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mango
- 1 peeled banana
- 3-4 big handfuls of baby spinach
- 1-2 handfuls of Italian flat leaf parsley
- Start with 1 1/2 cups of water, add more if needed
- Add everything to your blender and blend until smoooooth. Enjoy! For you BlendTec lovers, I use my whole juice setting which is number 4 on my base.