There’s really not much to explain here except that I made a double batch of Bob’s Red Mill Organic quinoa with goals to use some in a veggie soup later and have some to last through out the week and use in salads etc. I followed the package instructions and then added 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, I say to keep it moist and avoid it later, but who knows? I just wanted to.
To make the vegetable plate, I just used some of the stuff I had on hand and a splash of tamari seasoning.
Mixed Vegetable Quinoa Plate with Tamari
Easily makes 1 or as many servings as you want, just using what you have on hand.
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa (add a dab of olive oil if you want, mine was in the big batch)
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives
- 1 tablespoons sliced red onion
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- splash of tamari seasoning
- Combine on a plate or bowl and enjoy! Feel free to include with fresh raw fermented sauerkraut.
©Feed Your Skull
oh, wow, great and thorough post, had never realized that you can make these pills on your own. And you’ve totally inspired me as far as the cilantro mango smoothie; just picked these ingredients up at the store to have later on today 😉
Thank you and enjoy that smoothie!! 🙂