Curried Sweet Potato Quinoa
- 4 small sweet potatoes (about 4 cups), baked then peeled/cubed
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill organic quinoa
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 heaping tablespoon Spice Hunter curry seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- juice of half a lemon
- sea salt and cayenne to taste
- Prepare Quinoa according to package instructions. For Bob’s Red Mill – I didn’t need to rinse it first – yay! Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a 2 quart sauce pan. Add 1 cup Quinoa, bring to a boil, cover, cook over medium heat for 12 minutes or until Quinoa has absorbed all the water.
- Stir in olive oil, onion, garlic and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Next add cubed baked sweet potato and stir until mixed. Add in curry, garam masala, chili powder, lemon juice, cayenne, and salt. Mix and serve.
- Optional: garnish with pepitas and raisins
©Feed Your Skull