Heart style for Valentine’s Day! Give your honey something that is decadent but good for you too.
If you haven’t gone ape doodles over my previous post, Mini Raw Beet Cheesecakes, you need to. It has been the only time and one of two submissions to foodgawker that blew up my site. Not literally but I got over 500 hits within a few hours. That made me happy and stroked my practicing photo taker ego.
The other version I have is delicious and has been served to non-raw foodie friends and been adored. One friend after having a night of kale salad, kale chips, and the beet cheesecake asked if I would find him a raw chef girlfriend. That’s how good this is.
In today’s version I acquired a cute 4″ springform heart pan from Amazon in celebration of love and good health BUT in the first version I used DIY containers. It’s up to you – get creative and thrifty and artsy. I also decided to add strawberries, but again – up to you!
I’ve talked to you about how Jeremy used to not like beets, but because I’m persistent and have made some great recipes – I think we can say he’s a convert.
Happy Raw Vegan Valentine’s Day | Strawberry Beet Cheesecake for Two
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- pinch of sea salt
- dash of cinnamon
- 1 1/2 large medjool dates, pitted (about 3/4 of a 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked for an hour then rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup Nutiva organic extra virgin coconut oil, warmed to liquid state
- 1/4 of a medium beet, peeled and ends removed
- 1/4 cup heaping of thawed frozen strawberries (oxymoron much?)
- 1/4 cup medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tablespoon organic maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- Add walnuts, salt, and cinnamon to a mini food processor fitted with an s-blade. Process until granules then add dates and process until dates are blended and 'batter' sticks together.
- Empty into desired pan and press evenly to flatten.
- Combine 'strawberry beet cheesecake' ingredients in a food processor OR if you have Blendtec's newest Twister Jar, use that it's perfect for the job! Blend until smooth - if you're using a food processor this may take 5 minutes if you're using the twister jar, less than a minute (I ran at 3 then increased to 7) - I turned the top as it blended - of course.
- Try deliciousness and then empty into your cheesecake mold.
- Place in freezer for 2-4 hours. Cut as desired or each eat from one side and meet in the middle. 😉
I just love the color and knowing there are no red dye #40’s in this. It is pure beet love!
Alert Alert Alert! You’ve just been exposed to food porn! Go make something now! 🙂
Have a great Valentine’s Day next week! I think Jeremy has planned something fun. The last 2 years we’ve watched my wonderful little brother (21 years age difference) for my Dad because V-Day is also his Birthday and sitting for him is the best gift he never gets anymore. 😉
This looks SO tasty and SO cute and festive!!! You rock!!
Thank you sweets! I had so much fun with the photos! 🙂
Followed Michelle’s recipe today…squeezed out 3 of these minis (megacute!)…. for .a surplus of Aquarian birthdays (including the sweet hubby–in his cake I added cacoa powder in the crust—). Here is a pic of one ‘fresh” outta freezer…Im about to deliver it….all I know as I was makin these babies, it seriously was finger-lickin good kinda thing…I thought the “cheesecake” part of the recipe would make a great strawberry custard-like snack…serve it up with choco mousse layers? Hmmm!!??… Anyhoo,thanks Michelle for being an inspiration to create healthy foodies… LOVE YOUR BLOG AND HAVE RECOMMENDED IT TO SOME VEGAN HOMIES….
You just gave me a rockin’ smile and a big heart flutter, what a cool picture!!! Thrilled you found it finger-lickin good too! I love your idea for chocolate layers…..mmm…that would look gorgeous in a martini glass…lol…you have me daydreaming. 🙂 xoxo
hmmmm…also thinkin of different yummy versions….like key lime with a pistachio/chia crust??? and…blueberries with pecan/cacao crust……peaches&cream(that part would be cashews still) w/ a pumpkin/sunflower seed crust??? woe…Im going blind by the fantasy foodie-visions…. pears& what else….hmmmmmm…almond crust???AAAAAHHHHH!!!! my fantasy palate is exploding… by the way…its Doe and I guess I also log in as fotoKLICKA….(?not sure how I set that up…jejeje)
LOL! You crack me up! You are a girl after my own heart…err.. stomach. That’s exactly how I think about things. !!!!
OMFG! Can I say that? I just made this for my Mom, she’s a huge fan of regular cheesecake but I’m trying to convert her. This was definitely the thing to make for her. Holy YUM! I could eat this until my stomach explodes. Thanks for sharing!!
You can say that! and you can say it over and over and over if you want! hehe 🙂 I am more than thrilled that both you and your mom loved it <3 <3