This is probably not what you think…
These are NOT nori rolls we bought last night and didn’t finish – that would never happen – we always finish our sushi.
These are nori rolls made from leftovers:
- Shredded carrot from making my first ever baked vegan-y thing; it was a carrot cake
- Leftover Turkish curried eggplant/rice/chickpea thing that Jeremy made last night (also vegan)
- Leftover no frills coleslaw from 2 nights ago
I added the nori sheet and avocado, then sprinkled with a dab of bragg liquid aminos (like tamari).
- Lay out the nori sheet
- Fill about 3/4 of the nori sheet with ‘coleslaw’
- Top that with 1/4-1/2 cup of the leftover Turkish eggplant thing
- 1-2 tablespoons shredded carrot
- 1/4 of an avocado sliced and placed in a line along the center
- Roll it up
- Wet the end of the nori sheet with water (like its an envelope) and seal it
- Let sit for a minute to ‘seal’ then cut into slices
Have you made your very own nori rolls?? I do. Not nearly as often as I would like to. I can say that practice makes perfect, a sushi ‘mat’ for rolling is NOT necessary, and always include avocado… so good. 🙂
P.S. Packs of 5-50 nori sheets can be bought at Asian grocery stores near the dried seaweed or at Whole Foods near the dried seaweed.
For other nori roll ideas, check these out: