Coffee and I have a mild relationship. I’m not in love with coffee, where I need it every day but I don’t hate it either. When I do enjoy it – I take it black. Jeremy helped me overcome my sugar/milk coffee that didn’t end up being coffee by the time I was done with it.
My favorite part about coffee is smelling the bags…putting pressure on them near their air lock and inhaling that smell. I feel like I could sleep with one under my pillow. Why is it so intoxicating?? After all that, I’m having a hard time believing I only drink it once a month.
I was inspired to make this after smelling Jeremy’s pot of coffee brewing this morning and having been on a chia kick the last few days.
In the photo on the left the chia and coffee/milk has just been mixed and on the right you can see it has soaked up the coffee/milk and become pudding like and gelatinous.
Chocolate Espresso Chia Pudding
- 2 tablespoons chia seed (I order mine from nuts.com)
- 1/4 cup coffee
- 1/4 cup chocolate almond milk
- cacao nibs for garnish and extra pow! (optional)
- 1 TB agave or natural sweetener (optional - Jeremy liked it with Agave & I liked it plain) 🙂
- In a small bowl add ingredients and mix with a whisk for about 1 minute.
- Then let sit for 10 minutes while you shower, read, write this post, etc.
If you wanted to skip the coffee just add 1/4 cup more of chocolate almond milk.
Are you a fan of chia or coffee?
I am a fan of coffee, chocolate, and red wine. Those are my vices. And napping but that’s in a different category. These look delish!
Yes, to the red wine also! 🙂
I LOVE the way coffee smells! I too could sleep with a bag under my pillow, or an eye pillow filled up with it…but I can’t stand the taste. Why doesn’t it taste as wonderful as it smells?!
It’s like an enigma wrapped in an enigma. LOL