This is going to be my new favorite dressing. For reals. It is super quick and easy to boot. I normally wouldn’t measure ingredients, I’m a dump it in sort of girl, but I wanted to share with you the balance that I came up with. Feel free to adjust any of the ingredients to your liking.
Miso can usually be found at Whole Foods near the vegan/veg refrigerated products, an Asian grocery store, or your nearest health food grocer. If you’re unable to find it try 1-2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter instead. Report back to tell us how mmm-tasty it was.
Miso Yum Dressing
This is maybe the best dressing I've ever made. Seriously. I'm in heaven.
- 2 heaping tablespoons Westbrae Natural White Miso
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons San-J organic tamari
- 3 tablespoons Nakano rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon organic blue agave (or sweetener of your choice)
- 1/4 teaspoon world market Thai spice blend (optional)
- a dash or 2 or 3 of cayenne pepper
- Add ingredients to a mini food processor or a small personal blender cup and blend until dressing is smooth and creamy looking. This could probably also be whisked.
- Enjoy over your favorite salad or as a light dip for veggies.
This makes 4 oz and goes perfect with 5 cups of chopped veggies or use it for a couple days worth of lunch salads. I used it with today’s Miso Yum Chopped Salad.
What’s your favorite dressing (homemade or store bought)? This dressing for homemade and Girard’s light Champagne vinaigrette for store bought.