This is a low-maintenance dinner – okay about 5 minutes worth of work – but it’s up to you how cute you want to serve it.
Start with a container of Trader Joe’s Healthy 8 Chopped Veggie Mix. It’s a kick ass container filled with broccoli, carrots, green cabbage, red cabbage, jicama (that’s right), green bell pepper, radish, and celery for only $2.99. If you don’t have a Trader Joe’s near you, you could find something similar at your main grocery store or chop up about 4-5 cups of whatever veggies you have on hand. That makes it less easy but it will still be delicious. 🙂 Mix in your favorite dressing or make your own. I suggest the Miso Yum dressing.
Feel free to serve it in a bowl or on a plate. Another option would be to slice thick rounds of a bell pepper and fill the center with the salad. I highly recommend serving with sliced avocado but it’s not mandatory, it just tastes really really good. Grapes too, of course.
Miso Yum Chopped Veggie Salad
This is a quick and easy salad that is anything but boring. There was so much 'mmm-ing' coming from our apartment that it was almost indecent. 😉
- 1 container of Trader Joe's Healthy 8 Chopped Veggie Mix or 4-5 cups of small chopped veggies
- 1/4 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup roasted salted pepitas (or raw pepitas) - p.s. these are the green pumpkin seeds
- 1 recipe Miso Yum Dressing
- 1/2 - 1 avocado, sliced and served as a garnish (optional)
- Toss all ingredients except the avocado in a small/medium sized bowl. See pictures for serving ideas.
Sometimes it’s nice to have a convenience food that is still really healthy and requires little to no preparation or heating. You can feel really good about getting probably a day’s worth of veggies in too! I hope you enjoy.