Has anyone made an Orange Julius drink before? I’ve made it twice in my life, each of those times were more than 10 years ago. Even though it has been forever, I still remember how tasty the orange-vanilla-cream combination was. The very first time was in 7th grade Home Economics class. Strong food memories from childhood always amaze me. Well I brought the same taste to the oatmeal but left out the dairy and HEAPS of sugar. If you love the Orange Julius flavor, you just might be obsessed.
Orange Julius Cranberry Baked Oatmeal
- 1/8 teaspoon Nutiva extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon organic maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 380 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 2 or a 4 cup pyrex bowl with 1/8 teaspoon of coconut oil.
- First add in oats, and cranberries. Stir it up.
- Next add the almond milk, orange juice, vanilla, almond extract and maple syrup - mix well.
- Bake at 380F for 40 minutes.
Please try and let me know what you think!!