This week is all about oatmeal! Oatmeal made with hearty old-fashioned oats. If you’re living in a climate that experiences autumn temperatures and the changing of leaves from green to golds and reds, let this oatmeal warm you up in the morning. It carries the warming properties of ginger and curry as well as sweet tones of banana, apricot, raisin and carrot.
It’s been my quest the last few months to incorporate and use spices that are unfamiliar to me, in my own kitchen. I really enjoy all types of foods from the East but haven’t dabbled in my own concoctions using those regional spices. Curry is the star of this oatmeal and boy was I surprised at how throwing caution to the wind, led to this delicious breakfast (although we ate for dinner, being the testers).
Sweet Curry Baked Oatmeal
- 1/8 teaspoon Nutiva extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 dried apricots, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 teaspoon Spice Hunter curry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup almond milk
- Preheat oven to 380 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 4 cup pyrex bowl with coconut oil.
- First add in oats, curry, cinnamon, raisins, and apricots. Stir it up.
- Next add the banana, carrots, ginger, vanilla, and almond milk - mix well.
- Bake at 380F for 40 minutes.
I’m thinking this would be really really good made with coconut milk too!
What is your favorite spice or least used?
Wow who would have thought this would be a good combo! Excited to try! Thanks! 🙂