I LOVE when seemingly weird things are just absolutely amazing, especially in the food realm.
I was composing this wrap in my head yesterday while riding home on the bus after a fun day filled with crafts, artistic inspiration and girlfriend talk (a much needed and overdue day). It was a 45 minute bus ride so I had time to go over lots of different options. I even made a carrot ginger soup that I didn’t get to make in real life. I do this pretend game of recipe composition often. Sometimes it happens while I’m laying in bed staring at the ceiling right before I fall asleep, could be when I’m bored, or on a contemplative hike.
The way it looks or plays out in my head is almost like a mobile app game. With various food items going on and off the plate until I finally rest on a combination I’m pleased with.
With tonight’s reverie I really contemplated the banana. I thought maybe that’s just too weird and I went back and forth and so on. I finally convinced myself to include it because it was sweet and sweet will balance out the flavors….I hoped. That is how I surprise myself because this was DELICIOUS. So delicious that I just ‘read shouted’ that at you. 😉
Curried Craziness Collard Wrap
- 1 large collard leaf, de-stemmed
- 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
- 1 banana
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon of your favorite curry seasoning
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 slice red onion
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 4 small portobello mushrooms, sliced
- dash cayenne powder (optional)
- 1/4 cup or more of baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon bragg liquid aminos (or tamari, coconut aminos, nama shoyu)
- teeniest squeeze of lemon juice
- (If you split the leaf in half, just divvy the ingredients over each half) Start by spreading out the peanut butter, then place the banana on top and mash gently with a fork, layer remaining ingredients and finish by drizzling liquid aminos and lemon over the last layer.
- Roll up and enjoy!
Do you daydream about food? I certainly do 🙂