Even though it may be good for me, I don’t like drinking a brown smoothie. Eww.
So, I rarely mix my greens with red, purple, or blue fruit. That means no blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, cranberries, or red grapes are allowed to mingle with my greens. I enjoy them as fruit smoothies but not that often because I like getting my greens on or in, much better. Today was different.
Today I was feeling kind of bad for this opened bag of Trader Joe’s blueberries that have been hanging out in our freezer, for months. 🙁
So I said, “F-it!” I’m going to make my green smoothie with these blueberries. I must have done just the right amount of green because the color ended up beautiful – as in mauve.
The color was great, but did it taste good? Absolutely, 100% yes! Here’s the recipe. 🙂
Fall into Blueberries
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- 1-2 tablespoons mesquite honey
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 3 dashes cinnamon
- 1-2 cups plain almond milk (depends on your desired thickness)
- Place ingredients in a blender. Blend baby blend - until super smooth.
- I filled up my 32 oz blendtec container and pressed '4' or the 'whole juice' setting. I use this setting for all of my smoothies.
I know some people have never even tried a green smoothie, but I’m still going to ask…
Do you mind brown smoothies? What’s in your favorite smoothie?
My favorite smoothie has celery, mango, lemon, apple, cilantro and Italian flat leaf parsley.