I was really jonesing for something chocolate and thought I’d make a cold pudding with frozen bananas and cacao. After a peek in the freezer I realized there weren’t any frozen bananas but saw we had frozen pumpkin. Ha! Where is this going?
Are you wondering why I have frozen pumpkin? Jeremy, my husband, made a delicious turkey chili over the weekend. Included in the recipe ingredients were pumpkin puree and peanut butter. How awesome is that?! He made his own puree, roasting a pumpkin and then blending it. I managed to salvage some pumpkin bits before he roasted the rest. By the way, the chili was fantastic!
Back to pumpkins and sweet fixes! I called it nog based on first sip. The only other nog I like is made by Silk. It’s lower in calories, fat and is dairy free! The bummer about Silk nog is that it’s only available during the holiday season, but this you could make whenever you desire. Turn it into a shake by adding less almond milk. Yum!
Raw-Vegan Pumpkin Nog
- 1 1/2 cups frozen raw pumpkin, preferably small cubes or shreds
- 2 very ripe bananas, fresh or frozen
- 1-2 tablespoons organic maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon organic natural peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- dash of organic sea salt
- 1-2 cups almond milk (start with 1 cup and go from there, based on how thick or thin you would like it)
- Place ingredients in blender. Blend baby blend!
- Garnish with nutmeg. (optional)
- Enjoy 🙂
Have you bought any pumpkins yet? After this I want to buy and few and stock the freezer up with shredded pumpkin. Yum!