Sprouted buckwheats pack a lot of nutrition and you can even dehydrate them to extend their use. They don’t add much flavor just a subtle nuttiness. They are 15% protein and a great source of calcium, magnesium, and iron.
I blended a small handful of groats with fresh fruit and veggies I had on hand. I happened to use my largest blendtec container, but if you scale down the ingredients it will blend up perfectly in something like the nutribullet.
Recently I talked about buckwheat sprouts and how to grow them. This lovely green buckwheat smoothie has them!
A Green Buckwheat Smoothie
- 2 mangos, pit and skin removed
- 3/4 cup frozen pineapple, chopped
- 1 cored apple, chopped
- 1 - 2 cups parsley
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1/2 cup buckwheat sprouts
- 1 - 2 cups of water
- ice, optional
- Add ingredients to blender in order listed. Blend baby blend - until smooth.
- Blender Tip: Always place your juiciest ingredients at the bottom, this will help the blender run its best!