Today’s tasty treat involves whole grain oats, bite-sized chocolate chips, and my favorite dried fruit, medjool dates.
And it only takes 5 minutes. What? A dessert ready in 5 minutes? Okay!
Meet chocolate chip cookie dough no-bake-bars!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough No Bake Bars
Equipment needed: Food processor
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/3 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 1/2 cups medjool dates, pits removed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup miniature dark chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- Add almonds and oats to a food processor fitted with the s-blade. Process until pieces are small.
- Add pitted dates, vanilla extract, and salt. Process until dates are broken down. Mixture should stick together when pinched between your fingers. (If not add 1-2 dates until desired effect)
- Add chocolate of choice and pulse 2 - 3 times until chips are mixed in.
- You can either empty the ingredients into an 8x8" pan and press down, then cutting into bars or shape into balls, bars, or heart shapes.
- Eat immediately 😉 - Store in fridge or on counter.
Have you ever used dates? What types are your favorite? Medjool dates are my fave.