I know its the end of September but here goes a summer recipe. Holding on, just a little 🙂 This summer patch salad is a great way to use a little bit of everything from your garden!
- a leaf of romaine
- spiralized summer squash
- 2 ears of sweet corn, corn removed from cob
- 2 heaping cups of small cubed watermelon
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- dash of cayenne
- Mix the ‘sheet’ ingredients in a bowl, tossing well to incorporate and mix all that YUM! Let the flavors marinate for about 20 minutes.
- Put the sheets on the bed. You do know how to make a bed, right? Even if you don’t do it every day, we won’t tell 😉
- Optional – Garnish with a sprig of cilantro
What’s your favorite way to eat watermelon? I love watermelon slices. They are especially refreshing after a bike ride or hike.
This looks delicious! And I have watermelon and corn just waiting to be used… Thanks for the recipe.