Also, it is just the right size for my husband and I to share. I tend to ‘get over’ leftovers quickly, even when I really like the dish in question. Making this so it was just the right portion for each of us worked out like a dream.
Creamy Tomato Soup for Two
Have a delicious fresh Farmer's Market soup on the table and ready to eat in less than 5 minutes. Makes approximately 2 cups
- 1 1/2 large heirloom tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small yellow summer squash, chopped & ends removed
- 1/3 cup almond milk or your favorite nut milk
- 2 teaspoons of raw agave (or sweetener of your choice)
- leaves off one stalk of basil
- 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 small Haas avocado, pit removed
- Cayenne and fresh crushed black pepper to garnish
- Add tomatoes, summer squash, almond milk, basil, raw agave, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, sea salt to a blender and process until silky smooth.
- Now add your avocado and process until smooth again.
- Divvy up among 2 serving bowls and garnish with crushed pepper and cayenne.
This soup would be great served with Roadrunner Veggie Flax Crisps!
This will definitely become a staple soup in our house. It was easy and quick!