Lunch or dinner for 2 that is healthy, wholesome and ready in less than 20 minutes? Yes, please!
Cauliflower is one of those vegetables that I’m just starting to REALLY like in the last few years. I blame any dislike on those family holiday dinners where a certain family member cooked everything in the microwave. Until it resembled plaster of Paris art and was then drowned in a certain sauce we used to think was cheese. Velveeta ring a bell?
Let’s not even talk about broccoli, that broccoli resembled the greens known only to Frankenstein and zombies.
So, it’s no wonder I’m excited over this easy lunch. Very flavorful, not overcooked, and a pinch to throw together.
Quick and Easy Steamed Spinach and Cauliflower with Kalamata Olives
- 1 large head of cauliflower, stem removed and chopped (or pulled apart into smaller florets)
- 1/2 cup water
- 9 oz of fresh spinach
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons tamari (or Bragg liquid aminos)
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, halved
- 1-2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ground pepper to taste
- Add cauliflower florets and water to a large sauce pan and heat over medium heat, covered, for 5-8 minutes. Until tender stirring 1/2 way through.
- When done, drain water and add cauliflower back to the pot along with spinach, garlic, and olive oil. Saute for 1-3 minutes, then add tamari, kalamata olives, and nutritional yeast. Toss well to mix and serve.
Time to get cauliflower back on your plate! Any horrendous Holiday dishes you’d like to share?
, kalamata olives
, nutritional yeast
, olive oil
Potato and Carrots with Marinara Sauce
Feed Your Skull a Snack | Cinnamon Oranges
LARGE Chocolate Carob Green Smoothie
Sweet Potato Noodles with a Miso Garlic Sauce