Sometimes the best smoothies come from just trying to use up what you have in your near empty fridge. I’ve had a fennel hanging out and wanted to use it for a salad but just haven’t done it and today I was formulating green smoothie possibilities and thought fennel smoothie…why not?
There was worry it would be too licorice-y tasting but I can safely say, add a WHOLE fennel to your smoothie and you will love it.
Fennel Apple Green Smoothie
- 3 small apples, cored
- 1 banana
- 1 fennel (probably a smaller one), end removed and chopped
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- couple sprinkles of cinnamon
- about 2 cups of almond milk
- Load everything in your 44oz Blendtec wild side jar and blend on the whole juice setting. If you have a regular blender, process in 2 batches and just chop your ingredients more.
Masala Kale Chips + A Masala Veggie Dip
Sun-dried Tomato Hummus and Pesto Collard Wrap
Steamed Dinner and Sauerkraut Refried Beans
Vegan Baking | Coconut Oatmeal Raisin Cookies